Are you planning a trip to France? France is a country of rich culture and history, known for its picturesque towns, traditional festivals, and world-class wine. Whether you’re planning to explore the charming streets of Paris, the historic sites of Normandy, or the picturesque villages of the French countryside, a trip to France is sure to be an adventure. But packing for a trip to France can be challenging, as the weather can vary greatly depending on the region, and you’ll need to be prepared for different climates. In this blog post, we’ll provide a comprehensive packing list that will help you make the most of your French adventure, from the perfect outfit for a stroll along the Champs-Elysées to the must-have items for a day of wine tasting in Burgundy.
Explore our recommended gear and items by clicking on the linked words and phrases below, to ensure you have everything you need for your next trip.
- Stylish and versatile clothing for a variety of occasions such as a little black dress or a blazer that can be dressed up or down.
- A light coat or jacket for cool evenings as the temperature drops in the evening in France, especially during the spring and fall.
- A scarf or shawl for added warmth or as a fashionable accessory, French people are known for their fashion sense, and a scarf is a must-have item.
- Comfortable walking shoes that will take you through the cobblestone streets and hilly terrain.
- Comfortable walking shoes that are lightweight and breathable for the hot weather.
- A pair of dressy shoes or heels for evenings out, as France is known for its fine dining and nightlife.
- A pair of closed-toe shoes for the beach, as France is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to protect your skin from harmful rays.
- Basic first aid kit including band-aids, painkillers, and any necessary medication.
- Travel-sized toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, and body wash to save space in your luggage.
- Hand sanitizer to keep your hands clean and germ-free, especially when you’re out and about.
- Camera to capture all the stunning views and memories of your trip.
- Phone charger to keep your phone charged during the day.
- Portable phone charger to ensure you have a backup option.
- Power adapter to charge your electronics as the outlets in France are different from the ones in the US.
- Headphones to listen to music or podcasts while on the go.
- Passport, as it is a requirement to enter France.
- Travel insurance documents to ensure you’re covered in case of any unexpected events.
- Cash and credit cards for easy payment during your trip.
- Copy of important documents such as your passport, insurance, and flight itinerary.
Other Essential Items
- Portable travel pillow for a comfortable sleep on long flights or train rides – preferably one that folds up for easy transportation.
- A small backpack or waist pack to carry essentials for the day or shorter excursions.
- Water bottle to stay hydrated during the hot weather.
- France Travel guidebook or app to navigate your way around the city.
- Travel-sized laundry detergent to freshen up your clothes during your trip.
- A hat or sunglasses to protect your eyes and face from the sun.
As you pack for your trip to France, keep in mind that French culture is known for its fashion and style. Pack a few versatile and stylish outfits that can take you from a casual lunch to a fancy dinner. Also, bring comfortable walking shoes as you’ll likely be doing a lot of sightseeing and exploring. Remember to also pack any necessary documents, such as your passport and travel insurance documents. With this travel packing list, you